Subscribe to our newsletter for news and updates on events:
We are an inter-denominational church that seeks to love well as a community and welcomes people from all walks of life – encouraging them to embark on an adventurous search for the honest, real, and eternal.
Get to Know the Leadership
1. We believe there is only one sovereign God, creator of all things. He eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
2. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. The Holy Spirit
conceived Him, God with us, and a virgin girl named Mary gave him birth. Jesus lived a sinless life, was crucified, arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven. We wait for his personal return. (John 1:14; Luke 2; Hebrews 7:25)
3. We believe that God’s motive toward us is love. Love prompted God to send Jesus as the only sacrifice for our sins. Through Jesus, we receive forgiveness by his grace and we are to extend that same grace and forgiveness to others. (John 3:16,17; Romans 8:35-38; 1 John 4:8 Col. 3:13)
4. We believe that salvation comes through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only way to the Father. (John 14:6, Romans 3:28, Acts 16:31)
5. We believe the Bible is God’s true, written word. It is inspired and trustworthy. (2 Timothy 3:16-17). (2 Peter 1:19-21)
6. We believe that God created human beings in His image. Through our own choice, we fell into sin. (Romans 3:23; Genesis 1:27)
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit lives within us—guiding our lives, empowering us for service and showing us when we fall short. Through the Spirit, we glorify Jesus. (Romans 8:11; John 16:13-15; John 3:5-6, Titus 3:6, 1 Corinthians 12:7, John 15:26)
8. We believe that our true identity is found in Christ. (Gal. 2:20; 1 Cor. 5:17)
9. We believe in the Kingdom of Heaven as already here—but not yet fully here. We experience a taste of heaven and hell in everyday life, and we live according to the Spirit as a precursor to our eternal life. (Matthew 5; James 3:6;)
We trust that God is at work in His people. (Phil 1:6; Acts 17:28)
We are refined in community. (Acts 2:42-44; Romans 15:7; John 13:34,35)
We are rooted in the Word. (2 Tim. 3:16,17; Hebrews 4:12)
Our church reflects the love story of Jesus. (Romans 12:3-8; John 17:23)
In the garden, Adam and Eve were given this wonderful life-giving guidance, “Be fruitful and multiply.” Embedded in mankind’s origin is the idea of reproducing and giving life. That reproduction seems to flow naturally in the shaping and expression of the church as well.
We are a church-planting church. We get excited when those from within our family and from without sense God calling them to the faith risk of shaping a new community of believers.
City Life Church: Charleston, SC
The Story Church: Springfield, MO
Redeemer Church: Jefferson, IN
Red Door Church: Cincinnati, OH
Grace Church: New York, NY
The Well: Buffalo, NY
Conduit Church: Franklin, TN
Restoration Church: Buffalo, NY
Journey of Hope: Capetown, South Africa
Emmaus Church: Nashville, TN
The Anchor Church: Chicago, IL
We have multiple ways to give at Journey. Learn more here.